Thursday, January 19, 2012

We Were INCREDIBLY Close

Last night I again had the privilege of seeing a prescreening of a movie that is coming out this weekend; Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. My friend Emily and I were literally next in line when they closed the doors to the theatre. The woman in charge let me know there were only seats in the front row, and we took them without hesitation. We sat incredibly close. I am so thankful we did. This could be the greatest movie I've ever seen. It's up there with Mr. Holland's Opus, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and The Dead Poets Society. This story is simply remarkable and the acting is superb. The young boy who the story centers around, has never acted in his life, and although he is a little odd and a true genius, he is so perfect for this character it is scary. Of course, you're aware of what the movie is essentially about when you walk in, but you have no idea of the ride you're in for. Between the twist and turns in the script, you'll be laughing, crying, gasping, and sitting in utter silence from a screenplay that is based on the award winning book, which I now have to read. I have never, in my life, been speechless from a movie, and this did it. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll refrain from referring to moments and scenes, but I will say that if you do not see this movie...you're nuts. Go see it this weekend...I would even see it again. I cannot tell you how much it moved me, but I can say that there were some inspiring thoughts to ponder.

The one that really stands out is this idea of searching for the truth, things really do not make sense, and all in all being able to move forward when we feel tangled in something that's happened. There are too many things in our life that happen that we cannot and will not understand. How we cope with them is different and how we approach them is never the same, but it has been said that everything happens for a reason. I can't say I believe this exactly, but I do believe that we can learn from every experience we have. Of course, there is pain and suffering in our lives and it's not easy. We are allowed to be sad, and allowed to grieve, but in order to continue to live we must not look back and move forward, living from moment to moment. Essentially, not everything has a clear cut lesson or meaning immediately when it happens or right after it happens, and sometimes we never come to realize these things. Often times, they happen subconsciously and on their own, but in order to grow at all, we have to accept whatever did happen. Denying or regretting will only hold you back from moving forward. Sounds a lot like what I posted last night...huh? I'm sure I'll have some more posts about ideas that sparked from this movie.

For now, enjoy the trailer and again...GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment