Sunday, January 29, 2012

Memories of Mayer

I heard someone once say that life is all about forgetting and then remembering. I'm not sure if that's what life is all about, but I know that it's important to do. It's important to forget and it's even more important to remember. Those moments where the memories seems to surface can be some of the best moments in our lives. Things seems to click and make sense, even if just for a second. So, I got to thinking about things or people I've forgotten, and I realized there was more than I thought. Today I thought I'd share one of those things with you, his name is John Mayer. Of course, John is "mainstream" and is in the media every now and then, but I really had forgotten how much I liked some of his music. "No Such Thing" was a song I sang at camp for a few years straight, and brought me closer to a good friend of mine. "Daughters" was a song I used to help me learn to play the guitar. "Why Georgia" was a song I used to audition for my high school acapella group. These songs all played a big part in my pre-college career and I don't know why or how they escaped my mind, but I'm glad they've returned. In all honesty, the reason why I remembered was because I watched John Mayer's episode of Storytellers on Palladia a few days ago. His songwriting skills are incredible and his guitar licks are as smooth as skin covered in cocoa butter. His voice is unique, it has a free and loose quality about it. The music has qualities similar to Dave Matthews and Jason Mraz, and it reminiscent of Hall & Oates and some older Blues artists. Now I'm happy to be able to share these memories with you!

Enjoy!

My new favorite John Mayer song

Incredible cover

Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment