Monday, January 9, 2012

...So Do It


Last night I had to decide whether or not I was going to be driving my dear friend Cassie and I to a little coffee shop about 30 or so minutes away from home. I sat and thought, and then thought some more, and eventually said; why not. I could not be more happy that I did. It ended up being exactly the talk I needed. We had the chance to catch-up on each other's lives and more importantly, talk about the nitty gritty stuff. There were a lot of topics brought up, but this image really spoke to one of them. We only live once. Now is the time to start doing things that we want to do. Determination is too often associated with failure, and failure is too often associated with negative energy. Failure is simply a chance to learn from whatever you decided to do. But not taking that chance is pointless, and even spending time thinking about taking that chance is a waste of energy that could be used doing something fun or exciting or new or meaningful. These 3 rules are simply an extension of what I'm trying to say. The time is now.

In the words of the wise Jason Mraz, "We all know what we wanna do...so do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment